Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 5, Day 2 Just Get A Plan

By Becky Comeau

I'm having great success with my plan.  I'm down officially 11.5 pounds as of this morning thanks to ViSalus.  Again, I realize that success or failure builds momentum.  If I'm in control of my eating, I have more energy and optimism, feel empowered, have more self-confidence, more joy, and just feel better about myself.  I then have more determination, take better care of myself, want to excersie and do so, want to eat better and do so. 

On the contrary........if I am not in control.........I am discouraged and not motivated.  I hate to go clothes shopping, feel defeated, unsure of myself, am hopeless about ever losing weight or ever feeling good about myself again.  I hate the way I look and feel.  I hide in the back of group photos and do my best not to have my picture taken at all.   And because I feel hopeless, when that cupcake calls to me, I just cave in.  Because it really doesn't matter, I'm never going to succeed.  I might as well just face it.

The point is to get a plan that you can stick to.  It really doesn't matter what it is, just find something that works for you.  And remember 2 Timothy 1:7; For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Here's to you

No comments: