Monday, May 9, 2011

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

By Sarah Dewitt

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way....
~Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities

I hit a new milestone in my weight loss this morning, one that I have been anticipating for many months. It felt amazing to see a number on the scale, that quite frankly, I can't tell you the last time I saw. I think it was when I was pregnant with my second son, 15 years ago.

It dawned on me just how high the highs of weight loss are...and just how low the lows of weight gain are, when you are battling your weight. I have seen my share of lows, decades of them, and they are definitely the worst of times when you can't seem to make the scale move anywhere but up.

I think I just might have found my magic bullet that is the perfect fit for my mom on the run life. It's easy, fills me up, quiets my cravings for all things sweet and just seems to give me a sense of control. Maybe that is why ViSalus is really working for me, it has sat me in the driver's seat of my runaway train. I think I might have turned this train around and am settled for the long journey home.

Sarah

1 comment:

Becky said...

Congratulations on your hard work and persistence !!